At Springwater, we approach every client relationship as a fiduciary – someone managing the financial assets of another and who stands in a special position of trust, confidence and/or legal responsibility. Simply put, a fiduciary duty is the highest standard of care.
We take this responsibility very seriously, and it guides everything we do. For our clients, it means we:
- Always put the interests of the client first.
- Always act in utmost good faith.
- Always provide full and fair disclosure.
- Never mislead.
- Always fully and fairly disclose all conflicts of interest.
In practice, it means that you can expect:
- Objective recommendations
- No commissions, referral fees or other third-party payments
- Investment strategies implemented with low-cost, institutional-class mutual funds and ETFs
- Client assets always held at an independent, third-party custodian
- Experienced advisors who hold the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM credential, and who demonstrate competence, ethics, professionalism and responsiveness
While many financial services firms portray themselves as fiduciaries, they do not all act in the best interests of their clients. Fiduciary responsibility has been a core principle of Springwater since its inception, and we remain committed to demonstrating the highest standard of care each day.